Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meditation for today

Living the Greatest Commandment During the month of the Sacred Heart, I resolve to meditate every day on the beauty, love, and holiness of the Heart of Jesus. To offer in a spirit of reparation part of the suffering and deprivation I now endure, consecrating the rest to other intentions: the conversion and holiness of those who are dear to me, the salvation of others, the good of the Church. In the absence of all conscious joy, to establish myself more firmly than ever by God's grace, in clomplete serenity. Never to show by irritation or by outward exhaustion, which is more likely for me, the moral and physical fatigue caused by certain difficulties and long illness. To do everything to preserve and improve my health, and to make of this disagreeable concern, my practice of self-denial. To learn from the Heart of Jesus the secret of love for others and deep knowledge of them; how to touch their wounds without making them sting, and how to dress them without reopening them; to give myself to them and yet maintain my privacy. To disclose truth in its entirety and yet to make it known according to the degree of light that each can bear. The knowledge needed for this ministry only comes from Jesus Christ, by encountering him in the Eucharist and in prayer. - Servant of God Elisabeth Leseur

No comments:

Post a Comment