Wednesday, February 23, 2011

power of prayer

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary and so far I slept in later than my scheduled gym class... I dropped of my teenagers and friends from London at Disneyland and now I am attempting to get ready for a short work day. My morning was completely out of routine and left me a bit flighty however in the midst of traffic, I reached for my rosary and said the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows! Wow that is an amazing meditation on the suffering and the ultimate surrender of the Son of God. Usually that prayer makes me cry my eye balls out, however today I remained focused on the eulogy I heard yesterday. Yesterday was the feast of St. Peter the apostle and our Priest reminded us all that very often we profess and proclaim our faith prior to actually living it fully and that is ok, in fact that is perfect. We must first open our minds to the possibility and thus proclaim it and then our body and soul follows. For example, St. Peter proclaimed... when Christ asked him "who am I" Peter replied "you are Jesus Christ the Son of our living God"...and then further in scripture we read how Peter denied Jesus three times.... however towards the end of his life Peter evolved into union with his proclamation that Jesus was Christ...Son of God. So for all of us... let us proclaim our faith, pray, confess our sins and know that we too will evolve into union with God our Father.... AMEN to that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment