Monday, February 8, 2010

I made it!

moving a little slow today... however better every minute:) the 1/2 marathon was amazing and yes I crossed that finish line and possibly even beat my old time! I had a inner goal of making it under 2 hours and I did it!!! All because of my dear friend and her constant inspiration! She was totally equipped and a true runner:) every mile and a half she would feed me yummy snacks - oh my gosh those energizing jelly beans are GREAT! just when you start to slide, you eat one of those and off you go:) - I truly had the runners high the entire run! The day was beautiful, the sun was shining and the waves were rolling, and my dear friend was by my side (actually several strides ahead but close enough to look back and give me a smile). Truly a beautiful environment! Step after step the rhythm allows for deep contemplation and prayerful gratitude for this amazing machine that we call our bodies. God gave us so much and keeps on giving... the ability to walk, the ability to run and the ability to be strong, our bodies are truly a temple for God and as I finished that race I felt the immense gratitude for God's fine gifts! This is my time to stretch the limits and reach for dreams... I am in my 40's, health is on my side and I am capable... what an amazing thought... it is so invigorating to know that it is my time to shine! And with the sunset on the horizon of life it is also motivating to do it now, dream now, and go for it now... so that when the sun truly does set... we can have a smile on our face and know that we lived with a purpose and dared to dream. May we always... Trust and Be Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment