Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What inspires us?

Day 2 of our journey together and I must say I am excited about writing! As I was leaving work yesterday, I sat in my car and began my conversation with God... Ok, I started my blog and I did it! (I heard back the following) - "Yes you did however you need to go deeper...share more of your true self, your soul...otherwise, why bother???"
What inspires me and why am I writing the blog? why am I embarking on the My Saint My Hero journey? Why am I not completely satisfied with my "real" job that I have been very successful with for the past 21 years?.. The answer is the restlessness of my soul. I am a seeker, I have read book after book on the Saints, I have walked where they walked and visited places around the globe where miracles have occurred, and I FEEL IT! I feel their simple yet beautiful Union with God and I want a conscious personal union between myself and God. I long for it and my heart seems to skip a beat when I get to that place in prayer! Yes it has been a journey and Yes at times I struggle, yet every time I start to doubt the journey, something falls in my lap to remind me I am on my path and that God is with me. Just two weeks ago, I had the opportunity to "retreat" with Immaculee Ilibigiza in Ohio (if you have not read LEFT TO TELL by Immaculee... READ IT), well to make an incredible story short, we ended up in the same hotel and met with her the first morning of our 3 day retreat! Immaculee and her dear friend Valentine are truly living Saints! I was walking with a living/ in real time/ Saint (not really Saints yet by Church standards however living the life right NOW) - Valentine receives apparitions of Mother Mary and Jesus! And there we were in the presence of these wonderful people talking about the Miracles of God! - We were stunned by the Grace of God and I have yet to absorb it all... I just know how I felt... and when Valentine spoke words of Christ, and sung a song given to her by Him, I fell to my knees in humble gratitude for the moment! The certainty of God's presence is odd to me... it is a feeling that is new, yet I feel Him and my heart has opened to Mother Mary's invitation to convert our hearts to Christ - All I want to do, is converse with God through contemplative prayer, read His words, and share it with others. And now, I have the opportunity to combine work with my hearts purpose... my hope is that it also fulfills my monetary requirements as well! Actually my hope is that My Saint My Hero exceeds my monetary requirement so that we can fund the various missions including the Basilica at Kibeho.
One last fun thought: Last night I called my 25 year old nephew and asked him to do a monologue for YouTube sharing his choice for Purity and his raw authentic struggles that led him to a deep relationship with his faith. I then called my 23 year old nephew and told him to film it! These boys are a cute as can be, they are hip, fun and amazing... I hope they are inspired and I hope that the finished YouTube clip inspires others to take the path of Devotion, Faith and Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment