Friday, February 12, 2010

a lesson from Daniel

The Website countdown is looking better and better... we really will have it up by Easter!!!
Last Wednesday I had on my calendar 3 conflicting things that I had to do... work in my sons 2nd grade class from 8 till 12, be at a Art class from 9 till 11, a vet appointment for my aging dog at 11:30, work in my office (always) and a bible study from 9 to 11. I didn't want to go to Bible study that day so the other obligations were an escape... Well, God had a different plan for me! I got a call in the morning that my friend wanted to go to the Art class in my place. Then an email came through asking if I could switch my teaching shift to Thursday... and well the vet at 11:30 meant I really could go to Bible Study! Looked around my house for my workbook and realized I left it at my office... Oh well no bible study for me... I'll just go to work at my office. God once again had another plan for me and my heart brought me straight to Bible Study...and what a DOOZY!!!!
We are studying the book of Daniel, and let me tell you it is FANTASTIC!!! who knew that I would love a book from the Old Testament... But I DO, and it is so perfect for my life today! Yes written in 605BC and it is applicable to my life today... that is GOD!
This is the core message: During a crossroads in our life, be it pain, illness, heartache, anger, etc... there are three possible outcomes with God:
1. We are delivered FROM the Fire (meaning we escape it by the grace of God) and our Faith is solidified.
2. We are delivered THROUGH the Fire (meaning we must endure and go through it) and our Faith is Perfected.
3. We are delivered BY the Fire (consumed) and we are delivered into the arms of GOD.

WOW - how profound yet simple! And let me tell you... I have been reflective on that ever since Wednesday... In fact my dear friend called me last night and basically has given up on God. To her, her life is a mess and God isn't around to pick up the pieces. My prayer for her is that she gets delivered through the fire! However it is up to her to give HIM her time and ask HIM for help!

A cool quote written in 1681 from a Carmelite Monk after a "conversation with God" - "The whole substance of religion is faith, hope and love, by the practice of which we become united to the will of God. ALL things are possible to him who believes; they are less difficult to him who hopes; they are easier to him who loves, and easier still to him who perseveres in the practice of these three virtues.

May God continue to Bless our Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment